Happy first week of August! Here’s all things happening in and around the shop.
SUMMER, WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU’RE GOING?
Between sunny days shopping local, rearranging our store displays, and having fun at our events like Handicraft Exchange and Mass Ave’s Sidewalk Sales, we feel like August has SNUCK UP on us. Here are a few shop and community happenings as we enter the first week of the last month of summer.
In the shop:
Our staff has been working hard jazzing up the store. No major changes, but we’ve been organizing and reorganizing, creating brand new shelf displays, and freshening up the store for an even better shopping experience. Very thankful for our teams’ flair for creative displays, and for their ability to make this HOUSESPUN a HOMESPUN. Come on in to see our progress as we make an even brighter, fresher space!
What We’re Loving:
Leo Season: Happy Birthday to all the passionate, confident, independent LEOS! Find the perfect, unique gift for your favorite Leo in store & online.
SNACKS: We got so snacky in the store, we had to add shelves to our snack section just to fit all the salty, sweet, deliciousness we have for you! Next time you come shopping we hope you’re hungry!
TANKS: Rocking these Indiana and Indianapolis tanks as long as we can!
BACK TO SCHOOL BASICS: From elementary to grad school, we have the essentials for your best semester yet. With notebooks, planners, calendars, pencils and pencil pouches, totes and backpacks, and of course snacks and coffees we are ace-ing back to school shopping in store and online.
Happening Around Indy:
This Friday we’re celebrating First Friday with art, galleries, food and more all around the city!
Harrison Center From 6 to 9 pm enjoy gallery openings with:
- Becca Ito, In This Sign
- Bruce & Anthony Armstrong, Father & Son Abstract Generations
- A Fiber Art Group Show, Hanging By A Thread
- Jingo De La Rosa, Intersections
- Glizzy Gunning, Perseverance
Murphy Arts Center 7 to 11 pm for a socially distanced art show outside and on the 2nd floor of the Murphy for more art and galleries. Featured August artists and work include:
- FSQ Bonsai
- Matthew Macklin
- Deo’s Garden
- Summer Stage: Derick Howard
- Tyler Dickmeyer
- Cody Carpenter
- Top Knot Collage
- Tania Michelle Wineglass
- Alexus Guyle
- Iozzo Design
- Healthnet, INC
The HiFi & HiFi Annex:
- St. Aubin
- I Dream In Evergreen
- Fat Pockets
Garfield Park Arts Center 6 to 8 pm:
- ENCOUNTER: A SCI-FI AND FANTASY EXHIBITION
The Irving Theater from 6:30 to 9:30 pm:
- Sunshine Ray with mixed media and ceramics.
- Angelita Hampton with mixed media art, photography, and jewelry.
- Rowan Ink with dark whimsical illustrations and hand painted items and apparel.
- Lindsay P Schneider Art Glass with solid and blown furnace glass pieces.
- Natasha Vidger Art with oil and acrylic wildlife paintings.
- David Allee with Native American inspired illustrations.
- Dale Kercheval with oil paintings.
There are even MORE places to check out local art, music and food on August 6th so get out and explore locally for First Friday!